How 7-Eleven free coffee campaign can help you to market your business by using reusable coffee cups or travel mugs
7-Eleven is offering free coffee to customers who arrive at its stores with their own reusable cup or mug. From August 6 to September 2 you can enjoy your freshly ground coffee for nothing. The aim is to reduce the number of single-use plastic coffee cups that end up in landfill each year.
- Julie Laycock, 7-Eleven general manager marketing, said: “It takes 21 days to make or break a habit so we’re running this new initiative for 28 days to give Aussies the best chance of making a small change to their habits that, over time, will make a significant contribution to reducing single use cup waste.
- “Less than 1% of 7-Eleven coffee customers are currently bringing reusable cups, and we’d like that number to increase. We’ve seen a great response from our customers and the community in this shared commitment to reduce the number of single use coffee cups that end up in landfill.”
3 Factors about single use coffee cups
1. In Australia, we use 1 billion disposable coffee cups each year. It's about 2,700,000 paper coffee cups thrown out every day! If we lined up all the coffee cups used each year in Australia they would stretch round the earth…TWICE!.
2. When we put the coffee cups into bins, the hard plastic lid can be recycled but the coffee cup itself should be put in the rubbish bin.
3. Less than 1 in 400 ‘disposable’ coffee cups are recycled, because most of these ‘disposable’ or ‘recyclable’ coffee cups have plastic lining. Disposable paper cups will be going directly to landfill.
5 reasons why reusable coffee cups are helpful for your business?
1. Your company will be remembered everyday by your clients
Reusable coffee cups or travel mugs branded with your logo are the fantastic giveaway gifts for your clients. Given that Australians consume more than 50,000 cups of coffee every 30 minutes, this promotional product will likely get a lot of use every day. Your clients will put the coffee cups or travel mugs on their desk when they are in the office or put in the car when they are traveling to and from work, so your brand will be more firmly imprinted in their mind.
2. It will be loved by your clients not only because it is beautiful but also very practical.
The average Australian loves coffee, and your reusable coffee cups or travel mugs gifts will be loved and surely will be appreciated. ‘What if some of my customers don’t like coffee?’ ah, these coffee cups or travel mugs are perfect for hot chocolate, tea and iced drinks.
3. Eco-Friendly promotional products will enhance your reputation.
Sustainability is the word on everyone’s lips and many of your customers companies are working on paper-less office, reusable coffee cups is another best way to reduce our daily waste to landfill. By using Eco-Friendly and green promotional products, like reusable coffee cups, your business will be known for an environmental responsible impression.
4. Your client could have free coffee by using your reusable coffee cups or travel mugs or just get the best value coffee.
According to food and drink ordering app Skip, Australians who order just one medium coffee each day spend on average $1522 a year on their habit. Your coffee cups can help your customer to save money.
7-Eleven is giving away free coffee with any reusable cup until 2nd September. Of course, the best price is free, but if you missed the offer, there are many coffee shops nowadays will give you a discount for bringing in a reusable coffee mug or cups. When your customers are enjoying their free or discounted coffee by using your coffee cups, the good impression of your brand will be boosted.
5. It is affordable and cheap.
The price of the reusable coffee cup is not high and it is definitely affordable. Contact us for a quote at www.simplyaust.com.au or on 1800 833 006, we guarantee the cheapest price in Australia and we will match or beat the price if you find a cheaper price for the same product.